Oliver! movie  » Movies  »
  • He was great with Consider Yourself, which is a song everyone knows

• by Orrymain

One of my all-time favorite movie musicals is the wonderfully charming Oliver! I remember seeing it in the theaters when it came out in 1968, and I couldn’t get enough of it. I adored little Mark Lester, who plays the title role, and Jack Wild, who was

the most entertaining Artful Dodger. They made for a great pair of friends.

Lester had such a sweet, innocent face. His eyes spoke as loudly, and maybe louder, than his somewhat tiny voice. I’ll never, ever forget his rendition of Where Is Love when he’s locked up in the cellar. Oh my! It just pulled my heartstrings. It still does. I can see it in my mind as I’m typing this review.

Wild was opposite of Lester. His dark hair, more overt vocal talents, and confident expressions fit the role he was playing ...

• Oliver! movie
      of the young pick pocket. He was great with Consider Yourself, which is a song everyone knows. We sang it all the time in chorus during school.

Shani Wallis was great as the wife of the dastardly Oliver Reed, and Ron Moody as Fagin was delightful. His

I’d Rather Pick a Pocket or Two was amusing and brought about wonderful laughs.

A good musical not only has memorable songs, but a story that touches our hearts. Oliver! does that and more. The songs are for the ages, and my heart still sings from the tenderness of the story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111506726180130/k2311a0615/6.15.09