Meet Me in St. Louis movie  » Movies  »
  • When I think about Meet Me in St. Louis, I mostly think about Judy Garland and Margaret O'Brien
  • Still, I really love little Margaret O'Brien
  • In my opinion, she just steals the show from anyone else she's in a scene in

• by Orrymain

When I think about Meet Me in St. Louis, I mostly think about Judy Garland and Margaret O’Brien. Garland is the star of this MGM movie from 1944, and she does a great job. She sings the classic Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and does so perfectly.

Her voice matches the timber of this song superbly. She also does the outstanding The Trolley Song, which is bouncy and fun. It’s a centerpiece.

Still, I really love little Margaret O’Brien. I just think she was one of the cutest littlest girls of her era, and I adore her. Her voice is distinctive, and she has a lure to her that makes me want to focus on her whenever she’s in a scene. In my opinion, she just steals the show from anyone else she’s in a scene in.

As for the actual movie, it’s somewhat average in ...

• Meet Me in St. Louis movie
      my opinion. It’s about a family who has to move to St. Louis, and of course, no one wants to go. That’s something a lot of people can empathize with. I feel their pain, but it’s just somewhat of an average plot. What does work for the
      movie, though, are the actual performances, including that of Mary Astor. The actors go above the script. I don’t know if that’s because they were that good, or if director Vincente Minnelli was able to pull out better than usual performances from them.

Regardless, Meet Me in St. Louis is worth watching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111506726170130/k2311a0615/6.15.09