Airport Mania (iPhone and iPod Touch) game  » Games  »
  • I have found one application, which OK will not appeal to everyone, but its a game, and its one of the best games I have ever played, in comparison to its cool looking graphics, small file size, and above all cheap price tag
  • Game play is extremely simple, all you have to do is tap the necessary area on the screen, and the software will do all the rest for you, in all fairness any person of any age (Child, teenager, adult or OAP) they will still be able to play it no problem
  • Even with its simplicity and basic game idea, it is extremely addictive and I found myself playing on it for hours

• by internetwhizzkid

Airport Mania (iPhone and iPod Touch)

The iPhone indeed is a device which has taken the Smartphone market by storm. With its revolutionary user interface and features. What’s even better is its extensive support for applications.

The iTunes App Store has over 50,000 applications (paid and free) which any user can download and install directly onto the device. I have found one application, which OK will not appeal to everyone, but its a game, and its one of the best games I have ever played, in comparison to its cool looking graphics, small file size, and above all cheap price tag.

Airport Mania is essentially very similar to games like Diner Dash and Sally’s Salon. You land a plane; take it to the departure lounge, let off passengers and let new ones on, and then line the plane up for takeoff to a new destination.

Game play is extremely simple, all

you have to do is tap the necessary area on the screen, and the software will do all the rest for you, in all fairness any person of any age (Child, teenager, adult or OAP) they will still be able to play it no problem. Even with its simplicity and basic game idea, it is extremely addictive and I found myself playing on it for hours.

For this review I used the free (Lite) edition. At the start you have the choice of either jumping right in or play the game.

Or you can go through the academy, which is basically training and it gets you to grips on how to play the game before you start. The training is nice and short, and it helps you a lot.

It can be a little annoying though with all the messages popping up telling you what to do, but ...

• I guess if they didn’t come up you wouldn’t know how to play the game!

When playing the game the free version has approximately 5 levels, after this it goes back to the beginning and you are asked if you want to download the paid version for a very reasonable price of 59p! Admittedly the game is repetitive with doing exactly the same concept throughout, but the higher you go the more things that you will need to do at any one time, and the more planes you will need to work with etc. I found myself getting a little frustrated trying to get everything on time and getting the most points etc.

As i said before the graphics are pretty good, Ok they aren’t the world’s best looking things, but for such a small app etc, they are pretty good, no dodgy colours or pixels, just clear crisp images.

I have found that the game has no advanced features such as multiplayer or Wi-Fi modes, but to be honest you wouldn’t want them anyway.

Just something that’s fun and simple does me. Like most apps on the app store I am always unsure as if I want to pay for a premium version etc, but when I got to Airport Mania I was immediately hooked and I knew that I wanted to get the full version straight away.

All I can say that now that I have, I’m happy. It all works straight away, and I have had no problems with it whatsoever, no crashes etc, which is great.

Honestly I give a lot of praise to this app, and I urge all iPhone and iPod Touch users to go and have a look, at least try the free version, there is nothing to lose, and I am certain you will be hooked 

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281506725901230/k2311a0615/6.15.09