The Purpose Driven Life book  » Books  »
1.5
  • I cannot recommend this book to anybody with the same dilemma
  • Definitely a lot more uplifting and enlightening with his true stories about life and God that everyone can relate to
  • Time passed, and I found my sense of purpose in a most fulfilling job

• by leonzerimar

I am not a heretic, though this review might make me sound like one (for some). The Purpose Driven Life is not a bad book, but is titled inaccurately.

I picked up a copy at a time when my life was at an all-time low and I was feeling lost.

I hoped to be enlightened after reading it,

but alas, it was all about Jesus and Mother Mary and sin and the likes.

As I said, those are not bad things to discuss, but not what I had been hoping to read.

It should have been entitled “Extended Catechism”, and then it would have been a good book that served its purpose.

Having been raised by ...

• a somewhat devout Catholic family, I knew those things since I was a kid.

I was still lost and empty after reading the book, needless to say, I didn’t find a sense of purpose.

I cannot recommend this book to anybody with the same dilemma.

I instead suggest trying books by a certain Filipino preacher whois fond of

wearing jeans and suit.

Definitely a lot more uplifting and enlightening with his true stories about life and God that everyone can relate to.

Time passed, and I found my sense of purpose in a most fulfilling job: being a social worker.

And yes, I believe in God.

It’s just that dogmatic writings doesn’t work too well.

The Purpose Driven Life book

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171506725641230/k2311a0615/6.15.09