The Running Man by Stephen King
  • I prefer my writing to be more straightforward with its point, and tend to read shorter works (one could say that this is the fault of my short attention span, but anyway)
  • Chances are good you've already read it, but if you're looking for a good read and you're tired of seeing the same old garbage on the bestseller lists every week, perhaps its time to dust off this old classic and give it a looksee, you won't be disappointed

• by Rafael Stevens
      The Running Man was the fourth novel published by Stephen King under the pseudonym of Richard Bachman. (His fifth and final before the Regulators some ten years later was Thinner).

It is also one of the better Stephen King novels I have read.

While Stephen King can write very well, I find too often that he tends to indulge himself far too often in his stories, making them large and bulky and often unwieldy.

Some

people love this, obviously, which is part of what has made Stephen King such a popular writer.

I prefer my writing to be more straightforward with its point, and tend to read shorter works (one could say that this is the fault of my short attention span, but anyway).

The Running Man is a face-paced science fiction action novel, very different from his more typical horror fare.

If you’ve seen the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie you’ve got ...

• the general idea of the story, although the book is a completely different thing from the movie.

Besides sort of the same basic concept and the names of characters, the two are completely different things.

The Running Man is a fast-paced thrill ride that is very difficult to put down.

I read it in the manner of a day, unusual for me as I find myself very rarely having the time to read these days, but

I just couldn’t stop reading it.

I had to read the next page and the next page and the next page.

The Running Man is an oldie but a goodie.

Chances are good you’ve already read it, but if you’re looking for a good read and you’re tired of seeing the same old garbage on the bestseller lists every week, perhaps its time to dust off this old classic and give it a looksee, you won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17250772560531/k2311a0725/7.25.06