LA Fitness Gym Ontario  » Health  »
Ontario
  • One disadvantage about the LA Fitness is that it does not have some facilities that other gyms have, such as swimming pools, soccer fields, a track and a basketball court

• by Juicemane

LA Fitness is a fitness centre located in Ontario. I go to this gym almost every day.

The gyms hours are pretty reasonable. The gym is open from 5 AM to midnight from Monday to Wednesday, from 5 AM to 11 pm on Thursdays, from 5 AM to 10 PM on Fridays and from 7 AM to 8 PM on Saturdays. The gym hours change quite frequently, and the hours are not as good as they used to be. Two years ago, the gym used to be open for 24 hours and it had a lot of activity, even very late at night. The current times are pretty good, although I do wish that it was open for longer on Saturdays and Sundays.

The staff is very friendly and

helpful when help is needed. The gym ensures that everyone is keeping up with their health. Fitness evaluations are ran every month, and I receive calls from the gym every month reminding me to do a fitness evaluation. It is good that the evaluations are free. Every time I enter the gym, I am greeted enthusiastically, and every time I leave, they wish me a good night. The staff is also very knowledgeable on fitness related topics.

The gym is large in size. Activity in the gym depends on time. I find the busiest time to be around 4 PM – 6 PM and sometimes it becomes frustrating having to wait for people to finish on their machines, so I usually go early in the morning. I am ...

• satisfied with the equipment inside the gym. There are machines for cardio and machines targeted for every part of the body. One disadvantage about the LA Fitness is that it does not have some facilities that other gyms have, such as swimming pools, soccer fields, a track and a basketball court. This is a huge disadvantage, mainly because of the cost for membership. I have been to other gyms where the memberships are actually cheaper and they have swimming pools, or basketball courts. There are many free weights. There are about 4 free weights for every 5 pounds, starting from 5 pounds. Usually there are never weighting lines for the free weights

Membership to LA Fitness is pretty expensive. I pay about $40 a month, and I have

been to gyms where I pay $10 a month and receive more facilities. There are other services, but the $40 / month service is actually the cheapest one, which is disappointing. While I was at the gym, the staff tried to encourage me to pay for a personal trainer, but the price for that was RIDICULOUS.

Outside of the gym is an area to relax and a store that sells energy drinks. This is relevant since I am usually tired after working out and just want to cool down.

Overall, LA Fitness is a good gym. It would be better if there were swimming pools, basketball courts and soccer fields. It would also be better if the membership was at a more reasonable price, but overall, LA Fitness is a good gym.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341406725261230/k2311a0614/6.14.09