Ring Out Your Dead movie  » Movies  »
  • An enormous amount of time is spent with the supporting cast, in my opinion, and not enough time is spent on the two main characters
  • I like the stories, but would like to see more of a focus on the police
  • I think this film is one of the better movies in the long running series on A&E, so I highly recommend it to all Tom Barnaby fans and murder mystery fans

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the mystery movie, Ring Out Your Dead, starring John Nettles and Daniel Casey. This movie was made in 2004, was produced by Brian True-May, directed by Sarah Hellings, and written by Christopher Russell.

In this murder mystery, the church bells tell all.

The movie starts with a murder committed long ago, of a

parson.

This parson was killed by his church’s bell ringers, and then thrown down a well.

Years later, it appears that there is someone who is a descendant of that murdered parson, and they seek revenge upon the church’s bell ringers, who had nothing to do with the murder so long ago.

It is up ...

• to Chief Inspector Barnaby and his Sergeant, Sergeant Gavin Troy, to solve the murder mystery before too many people are killed!

I like the Inspector Barnaby mysteries.

They can be a bit long and drawn out, but I liked this one.

not enough time is spent on the two main characters.

I like the stories, but would like to see more of a focus on the police.

I think this film is one of the better movies in the long running series on A&E, so I highly recommend it to all Tom Barnaby fans and murder mystery fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111406725061230/k2311a0614/6.14.09