Palladium Restaurant Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • This has to be the best Spanokopita I have ever tried

• by Melissa Glenn

I had often heard about the Greek Palladium Restaurant, but it was in an area of Dartmouth that I didn’t much frequent. Then one day I happened to be in the area and a friend of mine suggested we went there for lunch, so I quickly agreed as I absolutely love Greek food.

The Palladium even looks inviting from the outside; located on a main street in Cole Harbour and located with strip malls on each side,

the strong brick façade made you want to go in and eat, and I have to admit the smells were absolutely wonderful! Once inside we were greeted by a Maitre’d who seated us on the far side of the tiled restaurant which boasted floor to ceiling windows and very comfortable booths and I have to admit my mouth was watering.

I ordered the appetizer version of the Spanokopita for $9.99CDN which I was assured by the Waitress ...

• was quite filling if you didn’t want the full meal version. When it arrived I was greeted by what looked like a large slice of pie except this Spanokopita is made from Phyllo Pastry. When I cut into it, the pastry was crisp and flaky and not soggy like other Spanokopita’s I have tried, and then the mixture of olive oil, feta cheese and spinach hit my mouth and I was absolutely in heaven. This was
        an absolute flavour explosion!

This has to be the best Spanokopita I have ever tried! There was plenty of feta cheese and when I looked inside the pie it was absolutely full of ingredients. The Palladium Restaurant makes this from scratch and it shows. If you like me enjoy Greek Food then please try the Palladium Restaurant, the ambience is great, the staff friendly and knowledgeable about their food, and the food itself is absolutely out of this world.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71406724951230/k2311a0614/6.14.09