Scotch-Brite All Purpose Soap Pads  » Cosmetics  »
  • She had used them without any damage to her cookware, so I paid $3.99CDN for a box of 8 pads at my local supermarket
  • What really impressed me about the Scotch-Brite soap pads was the advertisement on the front of the box that promised they ‘never scratch’, I was so hoping it was true and I did have my friends endorsement to go on
  • When I opened the package of Scotch-Brite All Purpose Soap Pads, I noticed that they looked a little different from the traditional SOS pad

• by Melissa Glenn

I was tired of soap pads that scratched my expensive pot’s and pan’s and a friend suggested I try Scotch-Brite All Purpose Soap Pads. She had used them without any damage to her cookware, so I paid $3.99CDN for a box of 8 pads at my local supermarket.

did have my friends endorsement to go on. Even better, the back of the box stated that these soap pads were made from 100% recycled materials, so I felt good that I was helping the environment and getting my dishes clean at the same time.

When I opened the package of Scotch-Brite All Purpose Soap Pads, I noticed that they looked a little different from the traditional SOS pad. They didn’t feel sticky in my hand, so I was confident ...

• they didn’t contain a lot of harsh soap, and they didn’t look or feel like they were made out of wire, in fact they just looked like grey cylinders of fluff!

Boy was I impressed the first time I used Scotch-Brite pads on some really dirty pans. They cleaned lasagne residue off a glass pan without leaving a single scratch, and I didn’t have to pre-soak the pan either! On metal pans they cleaned burnt soap far quicker than any

SOS pad without leaving a lot of suds I had to rinse off. I am so impressed, especially when I have to throw one away, as these soap pads are totally biodegradable.

If you like me don’t like your pots and pans getting all scratched from traditional pot scrubbers try Scotch-Brite Never Scratch All Purpose Soap Pads. I find I simply cannot live without them in my kitchen! Scotch-Brite is made by the 3M Division of Companies under the Home Care Division.

Lynn says :

I can`t find these any more. Have they been discontinued? They were the best .

Pamela Kipe says :

Yes, unfortunaly the scotch brite all purpose soap pads have been discontinued. I’m sure you can buy some on ebay or amazon.

Selli says :

I was looking for this same product even online (Dec. 2012) but be careful bec. i ws a victim of one site ( grandtoy)they put the picture on site of Scotch brite never scratch soap pads and i ordered 10 boxes but they sent me the wrong product which ws the same brand but the SCOUR PADS (WHICH I DONT LIKE) I even made it clear to customer service about the product to be sure before they deliver it , he said yes it will be the same box on the site that will be delivered but it ws the wrong box they gave me. I can buy that wrong SCOUR PADS IN ANY STORE HERE ANYTIME Thats the reason why i searched online for the 3M Soap Pads..
    Im still waitin for reply thru email

i emailed them still waitin for reply.

Nan says :

Well it’s 2016 I too am looking for the very best pads ever .. not only did they not scratch .. but they did not rust .
    I just spoke to the company .. Discontinued oh I am so sad and frantically trying to call all stores to see if I could locate one more box somewhere
    I hope they bring them back

Tori says :

I absolutely agree. This was a fantastic product. I’ve been looking for similar ones but haven’t found anything yet. Please do share if you end up finding a replacement product, and I’ll do the same. And good luck with your search

Best,

T.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311406724931230/k2311a0614/6.14.09