RiteMed Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C)  » Health  »
  • One bottle composed of 100 tablets cost Php 115 or estimately $3 US
  • I like RiteMed because even though it is regarded as generic it is still a trusted brand

• by Maristelle

My company is running out of medical supplies so I have to by my own set of vitamins. I have tried and used different brands but I keep coming back to RiteMed. RiteMed has a wide range of medical products.

They are manufactured by United Laboratories and being distributed by Mercury Drugstore and other known pharmacies.

My daily dosage should be 1000mg of Vitamin C

so I see to it to take two 500mg tablets of Ritemed Ascorbic Acid.

One bottle composed of 100 tablets cost Php 115 or estimately $3 US. Rhea Ascorbic Acid is also a generic brand but it costs a little higher.

I like RiteMed because even though it is regarded as “generic” it is still a trusted brand. Each tablet is composed of pure ...

• Vitamin C.

Its taste is one of the evidence. The sour tablets boosts my resistance and helps me more energetic.

It also keeps me from getting sick easily despite the ever-changing weather here in the Philippines. I have also find out that Vitamin C has whitening effect with continuous use.

People think that its glutathione alone that whitens skin but a large amount of

ascorbic acid also do the same trick although it is less effective. The good thing about ascorbic acid is that I will not get overdosed.

No matter how many tablets I take every day, my system will just utilize the right amount and the excess will be excreted out through urine. I can say that you can still be healthy by being practical with RiteMed Ascorbic Acid.

Mella says :

Can this Ritemed Ascorbic Acid also helps to remove pimples and whitens dark spots?

Chrystal says :

Yes and no. Over time as your immune system boosts from taking the vitamin C, the dark spots may lighten very little, and the pimples may look a bit better. But this is because you are increasing the health of your body, and helping your body fight off the Bactria that causes pimples. Not because it is a good pimple fighter on its own. For pimples I would suggest anything with tea-tree oil in it, applied topically. And take the vitamin C just to feel better and help balance your body. Always talk to your doctor before starting any kind of new vitamin or herbal regiment though.

Galega says :

It can, in many cases, lighten the dark spots. Though, it may not completely remove pimples and acne.

The redness under acne and pimples, including dark spots, probably happens because of inflammation. In that case, Vitamin C helps by improving the immune system.

mae says :

goodpm this is mae and i just want to ask is it effective for abortion tho its a generic brand?

Galega says :

Vitamin C (high dose) is a good abortion method. But, it is strictly recommended to consult a doctor before trying it at home. As you might know, abortion can go a wrong way if done without any medical supervision.

lhen says :

is poten cee ok with the 5weeks pregnant?

Galega says :

It will be OK if your OBGyne haven’t prescribed you any other supplement containing Vitamin C. Don’t take it for prolong duration. And, to be safe, consult your doctor if you are going to take it continuously for more than one week.

angel says :

Hi after taking 10oo mg of ritemed ascorbic acid an hour later my head was extremely aching.. my first time to take ascorbic.. i also noticed the warm temp of my body why is that so??

Jennifer Davis says :

The most likely culprit is too high of a dose of the Ascorbic Acid. For the majority of people the maximum recommend daily dose is 75-90 mg per day depending upon sex (male or female), smoking, immune health, weight, and other factors. 1000mg is a lot especially considering it was your first time taking Ascorbic Acid. I would lower your dose and that will likely clear up both your headache and your fever.

joan says :

is l ascorbic acid different from the ritemed vit c?

Galega says :

Ascorbic Acid is the chemical name of Vitamin C. These two are used interchangeably, and obviously indicate to the same product.

ken says :

vitamin c can cause abortion in 1 month during pregnancy?

Galega says :

High dose of Vitamin C can abort early pregnancy. There is no problem in taking one capsule a day.

Further, if you are looking forward to abort your pregnancy, you should not do it on your own. Consult an OBGyne, who will prescribe you a suitable medicine - not high dose of Vitamin C. Doing it on your can lead to some complications.

jessa says :

What’s the color of ritemed ascorbic acid?

Galega says :

The color of the tablet is light grey (or, cream color). The bottle comes in white color.

Dee says :

Hi Can i take Rhea B-complex C together with Rhea Ascorbic Acid. I’m 36 year’s old female

Galega says :

You can take a B Complex capsule with Ascorbic Acid. But, avoid taking two Vitamin Supplement simultaneously.

Justin says :

Hi, Iam taking glutathaione pills. I heard that some are taking glutathione at the same time with vitamin c. They take 2 caps in total of 1000mg per day.I want to boost my own body glutathione. My question is, is it safe for me to take that gluthathione at the same time with the vitamin c.? Thank you.

Galega says :

It is absolutely safe to take Vitamin C along with Glutathione. In fact, it is highly recommended as it can enhance the possibility of complete absorption of Glutathione by your body. You must not take more than 1000 mg of Vitamin C daily - lower will be even better.

Gen Rev says :

Is the brand Rhea vitamin C can make hypertension more severe?

Galega says :

Limited Dose of Vitamin C for extended period of time can lower the pressure from your blood vessels, giving relief in hypertension.

It should not lead to aggravation of hypertension.

shane says :

My friend is 17 and I would like to ask if it is safe. Because she took 6-10grams of ascorbic. Meaning, she takes 6000 Or more of it a day.. I don’t know why she’s doing that. I talked to her but she do not listen. Help. I need answer.

Galega says :

You have already talked her, and she didn’t listen. Now, request her to see a doctor for her better long term health.

Obviously, it is UNSAFE to take 6000 mg or even more Vitamin C daily. If taken for extended period, this can lead to some serious health complications.

Jesse says :

Name 1 with proof, I do not believe you know what you are talking about. There are folks taking 10 grams a day and are doing great. I myself take 2500 to 3000 everyday for allergy relief and it world wonders for me. Please do not knock Vitimin c without knowing the facts. Please look up Linus Pauling. Thank you.

Galega says :

Please calm and down and read.

What I write here is general advise. Nothing can substitute professional medical advise.

What I write is based on standard medical practices, and more importantly, the advise given by regulatory authority.

As per information provided by the National Institute of Health (a US Government Agency), an adult should not take more than 2000 mg of Vitamin C a day. Teens should take even lower. Now, this is also not a fixed dose. It can go up depending on the medical necessity. In case of severe Vitamin C deficiency, doctors can prescribe very high daily dose.

You can easily check this information from the concerned department.

In the end, I would reiterate, nothing can substitute the advise of your doctor. And, ALL advises given here are based on the recommendation of Government’s regulatory agencies.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341406724691130/k2311a0614/6.14.09