Coraline cartoon movie
  • I have just finished watching Coraline and I thought about writing the review now with the memory of it fresh in my head
  • The only problem is that they have buttons instead of eyes and that makes them a little creepy
  • It was a refreshing experience to see a modern fairytale transformed to fit the taste of the children of today
  • Coraline can be enjoyed both by children and grown ups

• by iqphantom

I have just finished watching “Coraline” and I thought about writing the review now with the memory of it fresh in my head. It is a cute cartoon movie, a bit too spooky for young children but nevertheless very moralizing. I have let my son watch it with me and he liked it but I must say he was a bit annoyed when I asked him if he understood the moral.

Coraline is a little girl who crosses a magic tunnel behind a small door inside

the house where she lives with her parents. Crossing the tunnel she enters a magical world with perfect doubles of her parents who are ready to satisfy her every dream.

The only problem is that they have buttons instead of eyes and that makes them a little creepy. Coraline , who is not very pleased that her real parents are very busy working on a gardening catalog that they don’t have the time to pay attention to their daughter, fells in love with the world behind ...

• the door.

But after a few visits she find herself trapped in the strange world and prisoner to the “other mother” who turns out to be a evil witch spider whose only interest is to suck the life out of the children who are unsatisfied with what their parents are offering them. The brave Coraline helped by the cat that is traveling between the two worlds succeeds in freeing herself from the witch spider and also frees the spirits of the other three children who

were not as lucky as she was.

All is well when ends well. I liked the movie because it has such a bright message in spite of its thrilling appearance.

It was a refreshing experience to see a modern fairytale transformed to fit the taste of the children of today. My son remained with a bitter taste but also agreed with me that perfect parents do not exists but neither do perfect children for that matter.

Coraline” can be enjoyed both by children and grown ups. It is a nice movie far from the tradition of cartoons but very entertaining.

I sincerely recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111306724531230/k2311a0613/6.13.09