Tuesdays with Morrie book

• by pround_pinoy

Because I am not a heavy reader, I am very critical when it comes to reading materials. I only read those that capture my interest upon reading the first few chapters. Otherwise, I would give no chance and dump it. Tuesdays with Morrie, written by acclaimed author Mitch Albom, is one of those few inspirationals that kept me reading until the last page. Why? Because it opened me to a whole new perception about life. It

contradicts our usual views about beauty, youth, health, money, emotions, death, among others.

When you think that wrinkles on your forehead are an early sign of decay, the book tells you that they are signs of wisdom and a fulfilled life. When you think that getting a wealthy paycheck will make you happy, the book tells you that meaningful relationships with other people will make you happier. When you think that you are weak when you ...

• cry, the book tells you that it is a sign of strength. Because the book reminded me of how I should see things, it made me feel good about the life that I thought was a mess.

Its contents are timeless. You can read it a month later and still get inspired. There are only a few chapters, each one discussing a specific issue. Although brief in words, each chapter is effective in “bringing out the

juice”. It is also written in conversational English, and so as you read, it is like someone is really speaking to you. You’ll hear the words of wisdom straight from who said and experienced them.

I only borrowed the book when I first read it. And when I finished reading, I told myself that I should own a copy. It is worth the price. I have read other inspirational books but this is definitely the best, so far.

Tuesdays with Morrie book

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171306724341230/k2311a0613/6.13.09