Ontario’s Go Transit  » Railway  »
2.5
  • One problem that I have with Go Transit is the fact there is not any entertainment provided on the train
  • There are TV's on the upper platform, but the programs shown on the screens are either repetitive or not interesting
  • If I am purchasing a ticket, then I think that the ticket should be checked any time that I am about to get on the train, but the tickets are not checked

• by Juicemane

Go Transit.

I am a frequent user of Ontario’s Go Transit system. I use it many days to get from home to school as well as to go Toronto for special events.

I am somewhat satisfied with the pricing for tickets. It costs about $6 to go from Hamilton to Toronto, and this price is good compared to other types of public transit systems available, although it piles up, since I take the train a lot. The price for the train ticket beats that of a city bus to go from Hamilton to Toronto.

One problem that I have with Go Transit is the fact there is not any entertainment provided on the train. There are TV’s on the upper platform, but the programs shown on the screens are either repetitive or not interesting. I would have liked to be able to change the channels to watch something that I would like to. The TV`s also have

no sound at all, so you are forced to just look at the screen if you feel like watching TV, which isn`t really useful.

Another problem that I have is the seating arrangement. Most of the train has the same type of seating arrangement, where at sometimes; you will be forced to awkwardly sit right in someone’s face. I detest having to have someone sitting in my face and invading my space, but it is something that I have to deal with when I am on the Go Transit.

Although I detest the seating arrangement, I find the seats to be comfortable and there are armrests to enhance one’s comfort on the Go Train. The interior of the train is usually clean (except for the bathrooms). The windows are clean so you have something to do while you are on the train (enjoy the scenery!) I like the fact that there are three storeys on the train ...

• and also the fact that there are plenty of trains. This ensures that you will never have to stand when on the train. When I used the bathroom on the train I was disgusted. There was pee on the seat and the bathroom smelled horrible. I have never used it again due to the poor first impression of the bathroom.

Before I get on the train, I have to purchase a ticket at the train station. If I am purchasing a ticket, then I think that the ticket should be checked any time that I am about to get on the train, but the tickets are not checked. Out of maybe 100 rides, my ticket has been checked probably only about 5 times! I could have had so many free rides if I wanted to.

The train usually follows the schedule. I hate taking the train in bad weather conditions, since it is usually always late. One

time, I was trying to get to Toronto, and I was at the Hamilton Station waiting for a good hour for my train to come. The train came about an hour late, and there was a one hour delay while I was on the train, which caused me to be extremely late for my appointment! There was another time when the train came about 20 minutes late when it was snowing, but usually the train is on schedule, or it might just be 2 or 3 minutes off schedule. The train usually gets to its destination on time and it travels pretty quickly. The time it takes for the train to get to its destination is almost of fast as it would take for a car.

Overall, the Go Transit system is alright. The interior looks good and the rides are comfortable, but the bathrooms are smelly and there is not any personal entertainment on the train.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 441306724291230/k2311a0613/6.13.09