The Music Man  » Movies  »
  • This is what I love most about The Music Man, the songs and production numbers
  • They are among the best of all time, and even more than the story, they make this musical the tops

• by Orrymain

Who can forget the wonderful song, 76 Trombones? Not me, and that’s why The Music Man is so memorable. I do love this movie, although I’m not all that hooked on the chemistry of Robert Preston and Shirley Jones. Both are great in their roles, and Preston *is* the music

man. This role was done for him, but the two of them together doesn’t do anything for me, so when I watch The Music Man I always have to focus on the other aspects of the story that do compel me, like Ron Howard, who was so cute and Jones’ little brother.

• His little lisp was adorable, and I chuckle when he does his bit during the Wells Fargo Wagon number.

The opening of The Music Man is absolutely magnificent. The way Professor Hill is introduced is a hoot, and I just love the whole speak-singing to the train’s noises intriguing. It’s one

of my favorite parts of the movie.

Then there’s the Trouble in River City that is awesome. This is what I love most about The Music Man, the songs and production numbers. They are among the best of all time, and even more than the story, they make this musical the tops.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111306724141230/k2311a0613/6.13.09