Sprint Sanyo Katana cell phone  » Phones  »
  • First of all, I love the look and feel of the phone
  • I've had a few people tell me that I sounded a little quiet when I called them, but I have never had a problem hearing people loud and clear
  • Its reception is also the best of any Sprint phone I've used
  • While it doesn't have the most bells and whistles compared to today's new cell phones, it definitely has what it takes to get its job done
  • I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking to buy either a new or used Sprint cell phone

• by aregnier

I have used the Sanyo Katana cell phone for the past 4 months and have been very pleased with its performance. First of all, I love the look and feel of the phone. It feels durable in your hand and fits nicely when holding it up to your ear. (At least it fits nicely for me). The screen opens and shuts with the famous flip phone *click*. I personally find it very satisfying.

Before the Katana, I used a Samsung Upstage on the Sprint network. There is no comparison between the two. The Katana is better than the Upstage in every aspect. The Katana’s battery life blows Upstage’s out

of the water. Plus the large screen on the Katana was a welcome change from the Upstage’s.

The camera on the Katana takes decent pictures. Probably not of the quality that I would like to have printed, but they look bright and clear on the LCD screen. There are various effects and settings you can use on the camera along with several frames for your pictures.

I have found the keypad to be bittersweet. It is well lit and very responsive, but the individual keys are so flush with the rest of the phone, I find it nearly impossible to dial or text by feel. Also, a couple of my ...

• keys are starting to get sticky.

The call quality of the phone is great. I’ve had a few people tell me that I sounded a little quiet when I called them, but I have never had a problem hearing people loud and clear. Its reception is also the best of any Sprint phone I’ve used.

Sadly, the Katana lacks an MP3 player of any sort and there is not expandable memory or basic USB cable to hook it up to your computer. There are also very few features to customize its appearance. There are only two preset backgrounds to choose from and only a list or grid view for the main

menu. Also, the vibration feels rather weak relative to phones I’ve used in the past and even on its loudest setting, the ringer is a bit too quiet for my liking.

All things considered, I am very pleased my Sanyo Katana. While it doesn’t have the most bells and whistles compared to today’s new cell phones, it definitely has what it takes to get its job done. I have had a great experience with excellent battery life and good reception with clear call quality. I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking to buy either a new or used Sprint cell phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371206723750130/k2311a0612/6.12.09