Ferrero Rocher Chocolates  » Food  »
  • I love how it looks, and I love even more how it tastes

• by White Ribbon

The sight of Ferrero Rocher - with its trademark gold foil wrapping - never fails to make my mouth water. I’ve loved this chocolate ever since I first tasted it in elementary school. I didn’t even know what it was called then. I just referred to it as the golden chocolate shaped like a golf ball. And up to now, I’m not quite sure how to pronounce it. I used to pronounce it Ferrero Ro-sher, but my aunt

corrected me and said it was Ferrero Ro-shay. But once when I was in school, I heard a teacher pronounce it Ferrero Ro’-ker. So I just call it Ferrero, unless I need to differentiate it from the other, lesser-known Ferrero chocolate variants.

I love how it looks, and I love even more how it tastes. I always always eat it in two bites:

First, I sink my teeth into the crispy wafer shell, and taste the creamy chocolate-hazelnut filling. I ...

• always feel like closing my eyes when I eat this, but then that would just look really weird in public, so I often have to fight that urge. The chocolate-hazelnut filling is very unique to it, and that’s probably why Nutella hazelnut spread, which is made by the same company and tastes similar to Ferrero Rocher, is also one of my favorite things to put on bread.

The second bite is when I get the nut in the middle.

Everything then blends - the chocolate covered wafer, the creamy chocolate-hazelnut filling, the chunk of hazelnut at the center - into one harmonious symphony of chocolatey taste.:)

Ferrero Rocher is the kind of food that will always be comforting, no matter your age or your problem. When I feel sad, whether because I failed an exam or I failed a relationship, I reach for that clear box of golden chocolate golf balls, and I feel a little bit better.

Ferrero Rocher Chocolates

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271206723501230/k2311a0612/6.12.09