Grooveshark.com  » Web sites  »
  • With the queue things tend to be more interesting

• by Mintaka

My friend recommended my this site for music. At first I really was not into it because let’s face it I have my CDs and when I want to listen to them I listen to them, so why bother with an internet music playing site.

But my friend was persistent he kept speaking about this auto play function that I really should take a chance on.

So I gave it another look.

The site looks simple enough, not flashy and easy to navigate, that is a

plus always. I entered a few bands that I wanted to listen to and they popped up - selecting tracks to listen to was easy since you can see your results listed as per albums, per name, per artist (etc.) all running smoothly in flash graphics. You can choose either to play one track or add it to queue. So we all know how the one track thing works, you hit play it plays. Track pops up in new window though, so you ...

• are free to browse other stuff on the site without interrupting playing another good thing. You can also rate track, show it the “love” or even go and buy it (cool feature for the artists isn’t it).

With the queue things tend to be more interesting. You select songs and put them on queue, nothing new with that, they will play right. But what happens on the end of the queue? Normally nothing but at Groove shark you have the option on hitting on

auto play function which will automatically continue your queue with random tracks that match your previously selected tracks in style. How cool is that. So simply what does this function mean to me in particularly. It means that I no longer have to make compilations for parties and such. I just enter a few tracks that I wish the atmosphere at the party would be and Groove shark does the rest. A free good DJ, and I say good because it’s track selection is really great.

Grooveshark.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201006722710430/k2311a0610/6.10.09