Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino  » Casino  »
United Nations Avenue, Manila Philipines
  • First, let me share with you what I like about this hotel
  • Our bad experience started when we approached the reception area

• by tenderheart

Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino is located in United Nations Avenue, Manila and is around 15-20 minutes away from the airport. First, let me share with you what I like about this hotel. It is near the Robinson’s mall, museum, Philippine General Hospital and US embassy. There are also various restaurants, clubs, and shops near the area. Taxis are available almost everywhere.

Manila Pavilion has many amenities and offers various services. There is a swimming pool and gym. Rooms have air conditioner, refrigerator, mini bar, coffee maker, cable tv, phone and desk. As

I enter the hotel, I saw an elegant design.

In the lobby are columns with large mirrors. There is plenty of seating. At the left side is the patisserie. It looks stylish and elegant.

At the right side is the 24 hour casino. My sister reserved a room for us in advance. Our bad experience started when we approached the reception area. Apparently our room is still being cleaned and it was already 2:00 PM.

We were asked to wait for 30 minutes. But after 30 minutes, the room was still unavailable. We ...

• were given two complimentary stubs to choose from coffee, mango and pineapple juice so we can wait at the bar. My sister said her mango juice was ok.

I didn’t enjoy my pineapple juice because it was too sour. Good thing it was free. At 3:00 pm we were given a room where we can relax while we wait for our real room. We thought things couldn’t be much worse.

A male housekeeper suddenly rushed inside our room while we were lying on the bed. Didn’t they train their staffs to knock

or check if someone is in the room? The receptionist said that she would call us once the room is ready. It was almost 4:00 pm and there wasn’t any call. So we decided to call front desk and follow up our reserved room.

Finally, we got our room. Much to my dismay, the room is old. The carpeting, ceiling, bath tub, shower and closet were all worn out and deserve to be replaced and renovated. The room was around $100 per day.

I’ve been to much cheaper hotel that is better than Manila Pavilion.

Manila Pavilion Hotel & Casino

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 481006722390330/k2311a0610/6.10.09