Intex Easy Set Pool  » Housewares  »
  • I bought the Intex Easy set 15' 42 inflatable pool last year from Fred Meyer it was $150 which is half of the price I have seen them going for this year, but it was also August so I might have gotten an end of season sale
  • If it had been stored better I think it would have been like new

• by purestar

I bought the Intex Easy set 15′ 42″ inflatable pool last year from Fred Meyer it was $150 which is half of the price I have seen them going for this year, but it was also August so I might have gotten an end of season sale. My neighbor got one from Walmart this season for around $220. Still a great price for all you get. It comes with a ground cover, skimmer, cover, and pump/filter.

The positives completely outweigh the negatives on this product. It is easy to set up with 2 people as long as you have a very level ground.

If your ground is not level you will not be able to use it. We first set ours up in a spot that looked level, filled it up halfway and it rolled a little an water started spilling out. A huge waste of hundreds of gallons of water. After the first failed attempt we leveled out an area and started filling it again. Getting the wrinkles out of the bottom is another obstacle, it has to be done while there is very little water in the bottom or else it will be impossible with the water pushing down on them.

It took 6 ...

• hours to fill it up with the garden hose turned on all the way, so if you have antsy kids it’s best to start filling it up in the morning so it can be used in the same day.

The pump an filter work good as long as you keep using the skimmer to get leaves and grass out so they won’t clog it up, and take the filter apart and rinse it out every once in a while. It’s also a good idea to use chlorine or other pool chemicals to keep algae from growing.

This is made of really thick plastic and

has made it through horseplay by a group of kids, a few big guys jumping off a low roof into it repeatedly (not safe or recommended)and animals with claws (cats and raccoons)leaning into it for drinks of water. So durability is great.

We just set it up for this year without any problems only a couple of holes from it being stored outside that we patched up quickly.If it had been stored better I think it would have been like new.

For the price you can’t get a better pool that is this durable and easy to maintain and use. It will last for years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531006722280330/k2311a0610/6.10.09