AOL Instant Messenger  » Software  »
  • We are writers, we spend all day writing and sharing writing and for this kind of work AOL simply has the hands down best instant messenger program

• by Phantascene
      My friends and I have used nearly all of the various Internet chat programs over the years and always find ourselves back with AIM. We are writers, we spend all day writing and sharing writing and for this kind of work AOL simply has the hands down best instant messenger program.

We can send large amount of information to one another, easily share pictures of characters, even directly connect to one another to transfer whole books from one computer to the next for sharing and editing. The fact that the program is free to use is invaluable to us, particularly to ...

• me since I could not afford even the lowest priced fee for using it. I had been warned away from AOL’s instant messenger by others who said that AOL would load all kinds of bad things onto my computer and such, but I have not encountered any problems in the years
        that I have used the program. I give AOL an 8 out of 10 rating in comparison to other instant messenger programs because of the usefullness of the program for writers - I fault them for my not being able to upload my own set of emoticons to use and for not having a devil face.

AOL Instant Messenger

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30240772211031/k2311a0724/7.24.06