World of Warcraft: The New vs. The Old
  • This game is definitely the best MMO on the market at the moment
  • I started off playing a Gnome Rogue, which in my opinion, the rogue class is one of the hardest to truly master in the game
  • Many people disagree with me on that fact, but the truth of the matter is, they are saying this because they are not playing the class correctly but think they are

• by John Kane

Wow, where do I start with this game? The game I am talking about is World of Warcraft. It has been around for years. It has been around since the year 2004 and I have been with it since then, with many inadvertent breaks in between.

This game is definitely the best MMO on the market at the moment. It gets very addicting, very quickly. Take it from me, a World of Warcraft addict of 5 years. Honestly though, it is a great way to socialize online with people on your off time, when you’re at home and need something to do.

I started off playing a Gnome Rogue, which in my opinion, the rogue class is one of the hardest to truly master in the game. Many people disagree with me on that fact, but the truth

of the matter is, they are saying this because they are not playing the class correctly but think they are.

World of Warcraft has many different things that make the game fun. The social aspect that keep people going, and the continuous additions of new things to do in the game is great. Blizzard, the creators of World of Warcraft, are constantly adding new things to the game to make it even better. I myself, am a classic player. I loved the days of World of Warcraft when it first came out, and it actually took skill and teamwork to kill a raid boss in the game. Now, the game is all about instant gratification and easy rewards. It now does not take much teamwork to overcome a raid boss, it just takes mass tries at it. It ...

• is more of a race against time now.

Back in the day it used to be all about strategy and a player needed to prove his skills in instances to get into a top-end guild. It took time for the raid leader to explain over a Voice Over Internet Protocol about how they were going to take down the raid boss ahead of them. There were times where I would play into the early mornings from the night before in order to try to finish a raid.

Nowadays, people hop into raid instances with mediocre gear, and come out shining in their new epic gear. It is all about instant gratification and no strategy. As long as you can push out some decent damage in a raid instance, you are good to go. It is all about the damage you

can do per second as most boss fights are a race against time, and you need to overcome that time.

All in all, I truly and strongly believe that World of Warcraft was at its best before any expansions came out for it. The skill factor in my opinion was the best part of the game, and it was a huge mind game, which is what I loved. I always find myself quitting after an expansion comes out, then coming back two months later, because I am hoping it is better by then. I get sucked in by World of Warcraft every time and I bet many of you know what it is like. If you have not played the game yet, and you play it in the near future, you will become addicted just like everyone else is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281006722000330/k2311a0610/6.10.09