Dell Inspiron 1721 Laptop
  • It really does take up a lot of space on the computer but the great thing about the computer is that it comes with Windows Vista, which comes with a program called Ready Boost that I can use to speed up my computer

• by John Kane

The Dell Inspiron 1721 is a very proficient laptop for the person that wants to play games and also have enough space to store their work on. I am typing this report on my Inspiron 1721. It has a 17″ screen and I opted to have 2 GB of RAM and 160 GB of Hard Drive space.

I currently play the game World of Warcraft on it, and it plays perfectly on this laptop. As long as I keep it clean and virus free it has never given me any problems at all. I have a lot of things downloaded for this game including many

different addons and expansion packs. It really does take up a lot of space on the computer but the great thing about the computer is that it comes with Windows Vista, which comes with a program called Ready Boost that I can use to speed up my computer. I use an 8 GB USB 2.0 flash drive to give my computer some extra room to work with as RAM. It makes the computer even faster, and at some points I can really notice the difference.

The screen is definitely for game use. It is 17″ and has very good color detail for a laptop. My games ...

• come in crystal clear, almost HD like. The processor that I use is an AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, and man does that give me some speed on World of Warcraft. This laptop literally never lags on me or shuts down at any times. Gives me no errors or anything, even though it is an older model! It runs just like new computers do, and I am sure if I put a little money into it, it would perform even better.

It comes with a full keyboard including number pad on the right which most laptops don’t include. Also, the keyboard is very

easy to type on and I rarely make mistakes while typing with it. They are spaced out enough and the keys are big enough to type on. Some laptops I have used in the past have issues with spacing of the keys around the mouse ball, which truly messes my typing up.

The only bad part about this computer is that the touch mouse part of it got messed up early on. The scrolling bars on the bottom and the side no longer work, which means I have to scroll down by clicking the scroll bar and moving it down. Really, the touch scroll was so much easier!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631006721990330/k2311a0610/6.10.09