Nikon D-40 SLR Camera
  • If I could make suggestions to improve the camera, I would recommend changing the screen on the back face to show the intended picture, as with other digital cameras

• by piefoot

I’ve been using the Nikon D-40 SLR digital camera for more than a year. I have never owned or used a better quality camera. The features are so easy to learn and adapt to a child could do it.

The automatic focus feature makes taking quality photos a snap. It is easy to change lenses for close-ups, long distance shots, or special effects.

Using this camera makes me feel like a professional photographer. Nikon is an industry leader.

Aftermarket products are easy to

find and affordable. I’ve added filters, zoom lenses, digital storage cards, and an aluminum carry case designed as a briefcase.

My pictures are very sharp and crystal clear. Even when cropped and resized, the detail in the image is impressive.

The camera also features a timer allowing the photographer to take hands-free pictures or to step around to the front to be included in the photo. The power source is a rechargeable battery.

The camera turns off if left unattended for a few ...

• minutes saving the battery. I have recommended this camera to several friends and family members.

My brother, a nephew, and several friends have purchased their D-40 cameras and have all been very pleased. If I could make suggestions to improve the camera, I would recommend changing the screen on the back face to show the intended picture, as with other digital cameras.

Also, the automatic focus is achieved using a small motor built into the lens itself. Other Nikon D series cameras have

this motor built into the camera.

This allows any manual focus Nikon compatible lens to be used along with the automatic focus option. Because this motor is built into the lens for the D-40 model, to have the automatic focus capability, the user will need to purchase all lenses with the focus motor included which is much more expensive.

In my case, I simply use the manual focus for my alternate lenses, but it would be much easier to have the automatic focus on every lens.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43906721741230/k2311a069/6.9.09