HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (Laptop)  » Computers  »
  • If I had to recommend a change, it would be to strengthen the base
  • I've noticed as I'm watching a DVD move, that if I pick the laptop up, sometimes the base can flex enough to stop the disc from playing
  • Not really a big issue as the disc can be restarted from the same point in the movie, but if the base was a bit more rigid, this would not be an issue at all
  • Bottom line, I would definitely purchase this system again

• by piefoot

I purchased the HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (laptop) computer approximately two years ago. I am pleased to say that I have never owned or used a more dependable computer, laptop or desktop. The keyboard is appropriately sized for my hands.

The monitor is very clear. I use it regularly to watch DVD movies.

The picture is extremely clear and is comfortable to watch full length movies up to 3 hours

in length. The original battery has held up extremely well and has not been replaced.

This laptop features a CD/DVD drive that will read and burn both media types. It will also perform lite scribe function on the appropriate discs.

There are plenty of USB ports. I do quite a bit of photography using digital cameras.

This laptop system features a built in slot to accept the photo card directly ...

• from the camera. Downloading the photos is simple and fast.

Another great feature is the built in sound system. I find the speakers and volume control are far superior to other systems I have used.

If I had to recommend a change, it would be to strengthen the base. Laptop PC’s are by nature intended to be portable.

Picking the laptop up and moving it around is a common practice.

I’ve noticed as I’m watching a DVD move, that if I pick the laptop up, sometimes the base can flex enough to stop the disc from playing.

Not really a big issue as the disc can be restarted from the same point in the movie, but if the base was a bit more rigid, this would not be an issue at all. Bottom line, I would definitely purchase this system again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 19906721721230/k2311a069/6.9.09