Classic Accessories Cimarron Pontoon Boat  » Other  »
0.5
  • After carefully inspecting the bladders under water (not easy to do) I found that the filler valves were both faulty
  • Instead, they referred me to take up the issue with the manufacturer
  • Needless to say, in my opinion this inflatable pontoon boat is a waste of time and money

• by piefoot

I purchased the Classic Accessories Cimarron inflatable 1-man pontoon boat in June of 2007 with plans to use it for fishing my favorite mountain lake during our annual 4th of July camping trip. The boat was not overly complicated to assemble and looks like the real deal. According to the advertisement and the manufacturer’s owner manual, this unit features a weight capacity of up to 350 pounds.

During our camping trip, I used

this boat on the water three times. Both pontoons consistently lost air and needed to be pumped up again before each use.

After carefully inspecting the bladders under water (not easy to do) I found that the filler valves were both faulty. My daughter took it out to simply paddle around for fun.

My son decided to try catching a fish from this boat which would be the fifth time it left the ...

• shore. After pumping up the pontoons he was just starting to float (about 6 or 7 feet from the shore) when the steel frame broke into two pieces at the welds.

We deflated the pontoons and packed the boat away for the rest of the trip. I attempted to return the boat but the retail outlet refused to accept responsibility.

Instead, they referred me to take up the issue with the manufacturer. They

were nice enough to provide me with an 800 number.

In late July of 2007 I called the manufacturer demanding my money back. I was coldly refused and informed that I would receive replacement parts for the damaged pieces of the boat.

I finally received the replacement parts in November of 2008, nearly a year and a half later. Needless to say, in my opinion this inflatable pontoon boat is a waste of time and money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12906721711230/k2311a069/6.9.09