Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 4X4
1.5
  • I also noticed it was severely affected by winds when driving at highway speeds
  • I never had this problem with any other 4 wheel drive but it is a big issue with the Dodge at the factory height
  • I also had a continuous problem with the brakes
  • After great expense for this problem, I was happy to rid myself of this lemon

• by piefoot

I drove the Dodge 1500 Pickup (4 wheel drive) for less than 2 years. The truck had a fairly comfortable ride and plenty of room in the cab. The factory sound system was superb and the dash was nicely organized.

The pickup was very thirsty at the gas stations. Gas mileage was a definite factor when planning trips.

I also noticed it was severely

affected by winds when driving at highway speeds. So much that I preferred to drive something else on windy days.

While some people will argue that this is to be expected with any 4 wheel drive vehicle due to the increased height, I will simply state that I’ve owned 4 wheel drive vehicles most of my life. Some were lifted and others remained at ...

• the factory height.

I never had this problem with any other 4 wheel drive but it is a big issue with the Dodge at the factory height. I also had a continuous problem with the brakes.

They stopped the truck alright but they squealed intermittently with a terribly loud grinding sound. I had the brakes inspected and serviced by several brand name garages.

Each

one offered their own theories on what might be the problem and each one was happy to perform the work and charge me plenty. But the problem was never identified and corrected.

It was very annoying and caused me to worry that the brakes would fail entirely at any given time. After great expense for this problem, I was happy to rid myself of this lemon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9906721671230/k2311a069/6.9.09