Balea foot deodorant
  • So you can get the general idea on why I thought foot deodorant might not be such a bad idea
  • It was cheap (less than 5$ for 100ml spray) so I decided to give it a go

• by Mintaka

I am really fond on Balea products, they are as cheap as you can get to be honest but with quality that can easily surpass many big name labels.

First off I must say that my feet do not smell bad in general, but I am in the kind of student work that needs lots of field work including few hour hikes and often sleeping in rooms with more people (classmates). So you can get the general idea on why I thought foot deodorant might not be such a bad idea. Well I did not think this in advance because I had no idea such thing (without any medical purpose) exists.

I

spotted it in the cosmetic store. It was a lively yellow and green spray bottle with picture of feet on it, so it really drawn my attention. I checked it and came to realize it is deodorant for foot (grapefruit and mint scented - great combination may I add). It was cheap (less than 5$ for 100ml spray) so I decided to give it a go.

I first tried it when I came home, to get the feel of it. It felt really refreshing must I say, almost like you would dip your feet in cool watter. The scent was nice, fresh. I got the idea this might work just nicely.

But ...

• the true test was yet to come. We went to a field course at one huge, huge mountain (well wasn’t that huge but I’m not the mountain type) and we were also spending the night there.

After the a few hours of torture we finally made it to the resting point where we were shrubbed in small rooms for 8 people. Since showers were unaccessible for longer durations (read the line was kilometers long and there was only 1 shower) - the atmosphere in the room quickly became unbreathable and the shoes were still on. The feet were soaring so taking the shoes off was the only option. And there I

was almost like taken from commercial;”You having problems with your the smell of your feet? Then try this wondrous product…” of course the presentation was a laugh but everybody in the room decided to try it (at that point it really could not have been worse). The ultimate test for the deodorant and guess what, the thing passed the test. The stench that was in the room had turned into a somewhat bearable atmosphere, it almost smelled fresh and our feet felt relaxed.

Needless to say that I was not the only one carrying this deodorant on the next field course. My and my classmates love it, it has become a necessity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31906721381130/k2311a069/6.9.09