Nikon D60 digital SLR Camera  » Cameras  »
  • I bought books and downloaded PDF e- books on the said subject
  • I applied everything I learned making use of my Nikon Coolpix Point and Shoot camera
  • I like the fact that the battery charges for just 90 minutes and it last days of photo shoot
  • So if you are a hobbyist or just starting up with digital photography and you are looking for a digital SLR that's easy to use, get a Nikon D60.I checked out its price, it ranges from $400-$600 but it is definitely worth it

• by lipsticknladdles

I have been using a a Nikon point and shoot camera for quite some time now. A couple of months ago, I came across a free online class on digital photography offered by Hewlett Packard. I took one class, after all, it’s free. Before I knew it, I was taking another class and then another. I became hooked to digital photography. I bought books and downloaded PDF e- books on the said subject. I applied everything I learned making use of my Nikon Coolpix Point and Shoot camera. I did okay but there seem to be something missing. For one, I cannot control the depth of field. I cannot control the aperture, the ISO, the shutter speed. It is because these controls are limited in a typical

point and shoot camera. I long for a digital single lens reflex camera. But I know it is not that affordable. Most digital SLRs cost over 500 bucks. So I just researched, read reviews, continue learning about digital photography until I can afford one.

Lucky me, my 5th wedding anniversary came. My loving husband got me a new Nikon D60. It came with an 18-55 mm lens, battery pack and a charger, a camera neck strap, a USB connector and an instruction manual. And oh, my husband got me a nice Nikon camera bag and a DVD tutorial.

I just love my Nikon D60. As my first digital SLR camera, I was a bit intimidated by it initially. With all the buttons and the settings and the fact ...

• that you need to into the diopter to see the subject, unlike in the point and shoot camera, you can always see everything in your screen. But after taking a few shots and recalling all that I have learned in my classes, I get used to it and loved it totally. This Nikon D60 is so easy to use. It is lightweight weighing only 17.5 oz. It has a resolution of 10.2 mega pixel. ISO settings are 100, 200, 400,800, 1600, 3200 and auto. It has shooting programs for Landscape, portrait mode, close-up, night portrait, children and sports mode. Added features include direct printing, USB 2.0 compatibility, date/time stamp, display brightness control, digital image rotation, camera orientation detection, in camera processing and more. The rest of
        the features, I am still trying to discover. But for the whole month that I spent with my Nikon D60, I am fully satisfied. I made outputs that I am proud of whether it’s a portrait, sceneries or macro shots. I like the fact that the battery charges for just 90 minutes and it last days of photo shoot.

So if you are a hobbyist or just starting up with digital photography and you are looking for a digital SLR that’s easy to use, get a Nikon D60.I checked out its price, it ranges from $400-$600 but it is definitely worth it.

It has simple operation but enough capability to get creative with your shots. Good for professionals, amateurs and hobbyist. I highly recommend it to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 43706721181030/k2311a067/6.7.09