KIPP schools
  • I learned to be nice to kids and love everyone like family

• by KIPPster.

I’ve been to a KIPP charter school for 5 years since 5th grade. KIPP stands for Knowledge Is Power Program. It started about 14 years ago. KIPP is all about hard work and getting their students to college.

I personally think KIPP is an awesome school. It focuses on getting students from low income families to college. I have learned to work with other kids of different races because my school was very diverse. I learned to be

nice to kids and love everyone like family. KIPP schools are usually small and everyone knows each other. When you go to a KIPP school, everyone will be your team and family. You’re able to establish close and very tight bonds with teachers. The teachers are great; they’re committed in teaching all the students and giving everyone equal chances. If you need help on anything, you can ask people for help and they’ll help you. It’s a perfect environment ...

• to learn in because everyone wants to learn. Everyone is there for the same goal and that’s to go to college. KIPP has really high standards are usually the highest performing schools in it’s district. I’m really glad I went to a KIPP school because I feel really prepared for college academically. There’s fun activities year around such as talent shows, really fun nice dances, and school picnics.

Other than that, there are cons to KIPP schools. First of all,

it starts around 7:30 and ends around 5:00. It doesn’t give you lots of choices such as extracurricular activities.But it does help you out with community service and such. During certain years and sometimes certain grades don’t get any sort of physical education. There’s a lot of homework every night. In addition, there’s also Saturday school in which you take extracurricular activities that aren’t very organized. Well, that’s how it was like where I went to school.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 50706720951030/k2311a067/6.7.09