Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion SPF 15 2.5 Fluid Ounce  » Cosmetics  »
  • I do wish that it came in a stronger SPF because I have very photosensitive skin with my systemic lupus Erythematosus
  • However, you don't have to waste out that part like you do with mustard, as it will smooth out when heated

• by Michigan_Mother

When I want light sun protection and moisture protection all in one I opt for Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion in SPF 15. Often I need a strong face sun protection factor; however I find that this works well if I have on a light foundation over the top for mild days where it isn’t too sunny. I do wish that it came in a stronger SPF because I have very photosensitive skin with my systemic lupus Erythematosus.

The bottle has a cool hour glass shape, and is easy to pop onto a medicine cabinet shelf. I don’t have lots of storage space, so the compact size is important to

me. It’s also constructed of #5 recyclable plastic, so that’s another bonus for the packaging for this SPF 15 dun protection lotion.

As far as application goes, the Olay Regenerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion can sometimes be a bit thick. Usually I will apply it right after getting out of the shower, before I pat my face dry. I find that the extra water moisture from my shower and the heat of warmed skin helps the lotion fluid to spread nicely. If I put it onto cold skin first thing in the morning I end up with streaks or globs, which are not attractive and doesn’t allow for a full face ...

• coverage that is even. Even sun protection is really important when you have skin as fair as I do, because even a small bit of tan shows up like a big skin tone difference.

Other than tweaking my application to right after the shower, I haven’t had any other issues with application. The pump is easy to use, and distributes a good amount for face and neck protection. I usually only have to use one pump and I have a wide square face. So, this makes the UV Defense Regenerating Lotion economical, which is always a plus in my book.

The pump nozzle does get goopy. You also get a “mustard plug”

of sorts. You know the part of the mustard that always seems to get a bit hard from the dispenser? Well, typically the Olay Regenerist SPF 15 lotion tends to get an Olay plug. However, you don’t have to waste out that part like you do with mustard, as it will smooth out when heated. There is a clear cap that comes to protect the pump and nozzle end from bacteria and the like, and perhaps use of it would keep the plug from happening. However, the cap doesn’t stay on well, so I have given up on putting it on and tend to toss it whenever I purchase a new bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31706720510930/k2311a067/6.7.09