Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio, Play up the Green  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Play up the Green As much as I loved the last Almay green eyes palette I tried, I was not at all impressed with this trio of dull, neutral eye shadows
  • I like that it goes on with a smooth and velvety finish

• by TJ Lord

Product: Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio Color: Play up the Green

As much as I loved the last Almay green eyes palette I tried, I was not at all impressed with this trio of dull, neutral eye shadows.

The lightest color, used for highlighting, is a peachy beige. It goes on matte and flat; the color

is lifeless and forgettable. It’s actually a bit too deep of a peach for my pale skin. It looks almost orange on my eyelids, like a fake tan. The look is awful.

The all over lid color is not quite as bad; it’s a medium mocha with faint undertones of rose and grey. I like that it ...

• goes on with a smooth and velvety finish. It blends nicely, like all Almay eyeshadows seem to. This color in and of itself is decent.

The accent color is a very dark chocolate with burgundy undertones. It’s super dark and rich and looks awful on my pale skin. It might look better on someone with a tan

or olive complexion. For me, it does nothing but make me look too make up, like a clown. I even tried using just the tiniest amount, and it still doesn’t look right. All in all, I just wasn’t happy with this trio. It could just be that I don’t have the right skin tone to pull it off.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720330530/k2311a062/6.2.09