Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio, Bring out the Blue  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately, it didn't perform to my satisfaction

• by TJ Lord

Product: Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio Color: Bring out the Blue

My eyes are blue, so I was very excited to try this palette. It’s designed to flatter and accentuate blue eyes. Unfortunately, it didn’t perform to my satisfaction.

The colors seemed pretty basic to me: sky blue for highlight, mocha brown for all over

the lid, and midnight blue for accent. I gave it a try anyway, thinking the colors had been specially selected to make blue eyes pop.

I was so disappointed! First of all, the sky blue doesn’t work well at all as a highlighter. It’s too strong and bright. A highlight color, used on the brow bone ...

• and sometimes at the inside corners of the eyes, should be quite light and pale. This sky blue doesn’t do the job; I looked cheap and painted up.

Second, the mocha intended for all over the lid went on in a very messy fashion. It doesn’t blend well with the blues at all; it’s just a

mismatched mess and looks terrible.

Lastly, the dark blue accent color is too thick and dark to be used for everyday eyeshadow. It’s so rich that I would probably use it as a powder eyeliner, if I actually wore eyeliner. As an eyeshadow, it really doesn’t work; the texture is terrible. This whole palette was a waste of money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720310530/k2311a062/6.2.09