Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad, Sapphire Ice  » Cosmetics  »
  • This color is pretty, but it's a bit matte, which I don't like
  • I like to use it to accent the outside corners of my eyes

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad Color: Sapphire Ice

This gorgeous quad is very similar to my favorite palette from Victoria’s Secret. The shadows aren’t quite as high quality, but since my Victoria’s Secret quad has been discontinued, this serves as an acceptable replacement. The colors are smooth and velvety, and go on quite nicely. They don’t last nearly as long as my Victoria’s Secret

eyeshadow, but with at least one touch up a day, it works.

The highlight shade for the brow bone is a soft and shimmery white. Since I’m so pale, I have to apply two coats of this color before it shows up. This can be annoying, since I occasionally get little drifts of white on my eyelashes - like snowflakes that don’t melt.

The lid color is ...

• a soft silver with just a hint of blue. It’s very pretty; it’s light and frosty, and accents my blue eyes. It blends very nicely with the other colors in the quad.

The crease color is a deeper sky blue. This color is pretty, but it’s a bit matte, which I don’t like. However, I only use a little, and I blend it with the silvery

lid color, so it can borrow a little metallic sheen.

The accent color is a deep midnight blue. It’s a very dark and rich color, so I only use a little. I like to use it to accent the outside corners of my eyes; I also use a little bit as an eyeliner, but it has a tendency to smear, so I only use a tiny bit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720280530/k2311a062/6.2.09