Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad, Enchanted Forest  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • However, on my friend, it worked well when blended with the other three colors in the quad

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad Color: Enchanted Forest

This quad is too dark and too brown for me. I really couldn’t make it work. Fortunately, I didn’t spend my money on it; I have a friend who has naturally tan skin, and this was her palette that she let me try. On her, it looks great;

on my super pale skin, it was a joke.

The highlighter color is a light peach; on my light skin, I needed several coats for it to show up. On my darker friend, one coat was all it took. The peach is pretty; it’s shimmery and fresh, and the color is flattering for both our skin colors.

The allover ...

• lid color is a medium brown-beige. I think the color is rather dull; it’s matte, which to me always looks lifeless. However, on my friend, it worked well when blended with the other three colors in the quad.

The crease color is just strange. The color is hard to describe; it’s almost green, but not quite. It’s a

strange blend of brown, grey, and a tiny bit of pine green. On the skin, it looks more grey than anything; to me, it looked like moss. It fit well with the theme of the forest, but I just thought the color was ugly. The accent color is a very deep brown, like dark chocolate; I didn’t like that color whatsoever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720260530/k2311a062/6.2.09