Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad, Time for Wine  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • This set doesn't even come close, unfortunately
  • The crease color is another boring brown, this one a mocha with just the slightest hint of rose buried deep down inside it
  • I was disappointed and probably won't use it much

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad Color: Time for Wine

I was hoping for a lot more burgundy in this collection; the name says wine, but the colors are definitely more brown. I personally would call it Time for Hot Chocolate. I once had a truly gorgeous wine trio; it consisted of a pale pink, a dusty rose,

and a deep and beautiful wine pink-red. This set doesn’t even come close, unfortunately.

The lightest color, used for highlighting the brow bone, is a very pale pink. It goes on extremely sheer; I had to apply three coats because I could notice it whatsoever. It had a bit of shimmer, which was pretty, but it was so dusty ...

• because of the multiple coats that I had to reapply my mascara afterward. That really didn’t impress me.

The all over lid color is a light beige. Nothing wine-like about that color at all. It’s just a dull, flat matte tan; nothing special, not very pretty, and not particularly flattering.

The crease color is another boring brown, this one a

mocha with just the slightest hint of rose buried deep down inside it. It still doesn’t belong in the category “wine”, though; it’s just a slightly pinkish mocha.

The accent color is a darker mocha, with no pink tint whatsoever. How on earth this quad was marketed as wine colors is beyond me. I was disappointed and probably won’t use it much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720230530/k2311a062/6.2.09