Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad, Designer Chocolates  » Cosmetics  »
  • I recommend this technique for making the eyes look brighter and more awake
  • I like the white because it goes on very smoothly and I only need one coat for a bright highlight

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad Color: Designer Chocolates

This quad is light, pretty, flirty, and fun. I’m not usually a huge fan of browns or neutrals, but I find that this quad is perfect to use on a casual summer day, when I want makeup that’s lightweight, easy to wear, and longlasting. Even taking my son to the park in the warm sun, I find that this eyeshadow

wears with me for several hours.

The lightest shade in the quad is a lovely shimmery white, used for highlighting the brow bone. I also dab a bit at the inside corners of my eyes. I recommend this technique for making the eyes look brighter and more awake. I like the white because it goes on very smoothly and I only need one coat for a bright highlight.

The shade intended ...

• for all over the lids is a nude color. It’s a little bit gold, a little bit pink, and very pretty. It goes on semi sheer; I need at least two coats to really see the color, but it’s worth it, because the color is so beautiful and fresh.

The eyelid crease color is probably my favorite color in the quad: it’s a rosy beige that just flatters any kind

of skin tone. I used it on my super pale skin; my sister used it on her fake tan; my friend used it on her olive complexion. On all of us, the rosy beige is soft, sweet, and very complimentary.

The darkest color in the quad, used for accenting the corners of the eyes, is a soft cocoa brown. I only use a little of this color, because I’m not crazy about brown tones.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720210530/k2311a062/6.2.09