Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad, Velvet Crush  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love this quad because the name is really accurate

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline ExpertWear Eye Shadow Quad Color: Velvet Crush

The Velvet Crush eyeshadow quad from Maybelline is comprised of a bright, shimmery white; pale silver; medium matte silver; and an odd kind of cadet blue with pewter undertones.

Because I have a pale complexion, blue eyes, and black hair, cool palettes like this work very well for me.

I love this quad because the name is really accurate: the colors are smooth and beautiful, and go on as lush as velvet.

The bright white is shimmery and not as sheer as I had originally thought it would be. Just one coat, maybe two, and I can beautifully highlight my brow bone and the inside corners of ...

• my eyes. I’m a sucker for white eyeshadow; it makes my eyes look big and awake.

The pale silver is gorgeous; it goes on with a subtle metallic sheen that is very flattering to my blue eyes. It’s a lot prettier than the next darker color, the matte silver, which turns out looking more grey than anything. I’m

really not crazy about the matte grey; it’s a decent neutral, but to me, it just looks a bit lifeless.

I was surprised and pleased with the darkest color, the pewter cadet blue-grey. It actually makes my eyes look silvery blue, which is something no other eyeshadow has ever achieved. I love the result; it’s a unique look and very flattering.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720190530/k2311a062/6.2.09