Maybelline expertwear Eye Shadow Single, Amethyst, Sparkling Wine, Night Sky  » Cosmetics  »
  • Amethyst, Sparkling Wine, Night Sky I absolutely adore these three gorgeous, shimmery, rich lux colors - but unfortunately, I don't wear them very well

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline expertwear Eye Shadow Single Colors: Amethyst, Sparkling Wine, Night Sky

I absolutely adore these three gorgeous, shimmery, rich lux colors - but unfortunately, I don’t wear them very well. These colors are full of deep, dark, glamorous color; they’re much better suited for tan or darker skin, and with my extremely pale complexion, it looked much too gothic. I guess I could wear these

colors to a rock concert; but for everyday wear, or even a romantic dinner with my husband, the deep colors don’t work.

Amethyst is a stunning rich violet. It’s quite dark, and extremely shimmery. It goes on thick and smooth - only one coat is required for this gorgeous shade. Once on the eyelid, it’s so rich that it looks like velvet. It has a multi ...

• dimensional appearance for a really spectacular look.

Sparkling Wine is just as breathtaking; it’s a deep burgundy with a hint of cocoa brown. It looks more brown in the palette, but goes on a beautiful wine color. Again, though, it’s much too dark for me; also, on my light skin, it does seem a bit more brown that I would like.

Night Sky is one of my

favorite eyeshadows ever, but I can’t wear it without looking like I have bruises around my eyes. I almost cried when I saw how awful it looked on me. The color is amazing, though; it’s a super dark, rich navy blue - and it’s glittery! I tried using just a light coat, but the color is so rich that even one light coat delivers a huge blast of color.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720180530/k2311a062/6.2.09