Maybelline expertwear Eye Shadow Single, Cinnamon Spice, Earthly Taupe, Urban Brown  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Even on my olive-skinned friend it looked dull and boring

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline expertwear Eye Shadow Single Colors: Cinnamon Spice, Earthly Taupe, Urban Brown

I picked up these three brown tones for a friend who has a lovely olive complexion; we gave each other makeovers and she applied these three shades to my face, with unfortunate results. It just goes to show that, yet

again, I just can’t pull off brown eyeshadow.

Cinnamon Spice is a pretty bronze color. It’s a deep, rich bronze, meant for a complexion much darker than mine. I’m extremely pale, and I just couldn’t make it look good. My olive-toned friend, however, looked gorgeous in this rich and shimmery metallic color.

Earthly Taupe ...

• almost worked for me; it’s a pale golden beige, and it would have looked good except that it’s too matte. I look better in shimmery shades, and I didn’t like how the matte color just fell flat. Again, though, it looked great on my friend, whose skin is several shades darker than
        mine.

Urban Brown was horrible - I hated this color! It’s supposed to be a chocolate brown, but it really looks muddy. If it had more shimmer, it might be able to call itself chocolate or cocoa; as it is, the color is flat, lifeless, and lackluster. Even on my olive-skinned friend it looked dull and boring.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206720170530/k2311a062/6.2.09