Maybelline expertwear Eye Shadow Duo, Indian Summer & Browntones  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • Unfortunately, the shades are too close to really create a nice contrast

• by TJ Lord

Product: Maybelline expertwear Eye Shadow Duo Color: Indian Summer, Browntones

My general opinion of Maybelline eyeshadows is that they wear well for a drugstore brand, if I touch up at least once a day. They blend well, and the colors are usually pleasing. Sometimes they go on a little more sheer than what I

would want, but I have come to expect that from the less expensive brands.

The Indian Summer eyeshadow duo consists of a very pale tan gold, and a medium taupe brown. I love the pale gold color; it really accentuates my blue eyes, and also compliments my fair skin color. However, the darker taupe ...

• color is horrible. It washes my face out and does nothing for my eyes. It’s just an ugly color, something I won’t find myself using at all.

The Browntones set was also a bit disappointing. The lighter color is a decent pale tan; the darker color is a warm medium cocoa brown. Unfortunately, the

shades are too close to really create a nice contrast. The “highlighter” shade is barely lighter than the other color. Also, the cocoa color wears off really quickly for some reason, and is too dry and powdery. I wasn’t pleased at all with the Browntones duo; it’s dull and boring and doesn’t flatter my skin whatsoever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206719990530/k2311a062/6.2.09