Texas Roadhouse Cedar Rapids, IA
2605 Edgewood Rd SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

• by TJ Lord

My in-laws recently treated my husband and I to a meal at our local Texas Roadhouse. It was Mother’s Day, so the place was packed, but that’s hardly unusual; in our modest Iowan city, there isn’t much selection as far as restaurants go, so the decent ones have a tendency to fill up quickly on weekends.

The atmosphere was absolutely chaotic. For one thing, Texas Roadhouse

is famous for its plethora of crushed peanuts on the floor. I don’t know whom that’s supposed to amuse, but I find it absolutely disgusting. There are massive barrels of peanuts everywhere; the peanut shells form a repulsive crunchy carpet on the floor. It doesn’t really fit my idea of a nice restaurant.

The servers are insane - they rush back and forth between the narrow ...

• aisles, hardly looking where they’re going. We were afraid to place our baby in a child seat on the end of the table, lest he get knocked over by a careless server! So we had to squeeze uncomfortably into our seats; it was not a pleasant experience.

Thank goodness, the food made up for it. We were served basket upon basket of Roadhouse’s delicious sweet rolls,

drenched in cinnamon butter. The steaks were flawless and made exactly to order. The loaded baked potatoes were truly loaded, and full of flavor. I had a Caesar salad, and it was the best I’ve ever tasted. I couldn’t believe how incredibly creamy the dressing was.

For Texas Roadhouse, avoid it on the weekends or you’ll be walking into a madhouse with an hour long wait.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7206719950530/k2311a062/6.2.09