Great Dragon Buffet Cedar Rapids, IA  » Restaurants  »
3200 16th Ave SW # D Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
  • The sesame chicken is definitely the best in town

• by TJ Lord

My husband and I absolutely love Chinese food. Our biggest weakness is Chinese buffets; we like to sample a little bit of everything, and try new things. We have literally been to every single Chinese buffet in our area, and we keep coming back for more at our favorite place: the Great Dragon

Buffet on 16th Avenue.

Of course, it doesn’t hurt that we know the owner; she’s very friendly and always listens to our feedback. Each time we go back, we usually see that she has applied our feedback to her menu. For example, when she started serving honey chicken, it was much too sweet. We ...

• suggested that she try serving it with less honey, and she did so; the newly improved honey chicken was perfect!

The owner recently put in a second buffet bar, so there’s more selection than ever. I highly recommend the ginger chicken; it’s a very unique dish that I’ve never seen served anywhere else. The

chicken is tangy but sweet, smothered in a special ginger sauce. The sesame chicken is definitely the best in town; it has a hot-sweet flavor that I can’t get enough of. There has always been a fruit bar for dessert, but now there’s ice cream, as well. This great little buffet just keeps improving.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7206719910530/k2311a062/6.2.09