17 Again movie  » Movies  »
  • I think the writers did a great job with the main character's brilliant and Star Wars-obsessed best friend

• by TJ Lord

I highly anticipated the comedy “17 Again”; I’m not a huge Zac Efron fan, but the movie looked cute. Unfortunately, it didn’t deliver.

I liked the main character’s best friend; he was a millionaire nerd whose brilliant mind earned him a ridiculous amount of wealth, but whose lack of social skills kept him a perpetual virgin. If he

wasn’t a virgin, he might as well have been. This character was hilarious.

I loved the scene where he was trying to impress the hot school principal; he dressed up in a ridiculous outfit, and she accused him of “peacocking”. If you’ve seen the VH1 reality show “The Pick Up Artist”, you’ll understand.

I didn’t like the extreme ...

• predictability of the plot. It was basically just a remake of “Mr. Destiny” - guy screws his life up, regrets it, gets a magic ticket to go back and do it over again, realizes that he didn’t have it so bad to begin with, regains his old life with a new appreciation for it.

I hated that the

recycled plot sought to capitalize on Efron’s popularity with the “High School Musical” scene. I feel that the movie could have been written better, to have more originality. I think the writers did a great job with the main character’s brilliant and Star Wars-obsessed best friend; he was actually more interesting than anything else that happened in this movie.

17 Again movie

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11206719780530/k2311a062/6.2.09