Clockers (R, 1995)  » Movies  »
2.0
    • Item: Clockers (R, 1995) movie Location: by: Famous

Well, Spike [Lee] did it again. He actually found yet another way to “confuse” me while watching his film. The plot of the story wasn’t really that hard to follow.

But for some reason, I had a really hard time connecting with any

of the characters. There is the requisite Spike Lee violence and cast.

And the opening credits are incredibly creative but incredibly morbid. What I didn’t like was the flow of the film.

I found that I had no sympathy for any of the characters. And when the film ...

• was over, I was glad.

That’s not how I like to feel when watching a movie. In a nutshell, the story centers around the murder of a fast food restaurant worker.

Strike’s (Mehki Phifer) brother turns himself in as the killer. But the police have other ideas about the true murderer.

Even though I understood what was going on in this movie, I just wondered what the point was. It didn’t seem that there was any real message, despite the violence and the urban settings.

The whole purpose of the film was just lost on me. I guess I need to watch it a third time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11240771960331/k2311a0724/7.24.06