Emerson 0.9 cu. Ft. 900-watt Microwave Oven  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • You have to pull the door open, which I don't like
  • The problems started only a week after I bought it
  • Supposedly it has a warranty, but when I called customer service, I learned that I would have to pay to ship it back to the manufacturer - AND there was another repair charge
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone

• by TJ Lord

The Emerson 0.9 cu. Ft. 900-watt Microwave Oven was nothing but a huge disappointment and waste of money. We had our old microwave for three years, and it finally bit the dust; my husband and I replaced it with the Emerson, but it turned out to be a horrible choice.

At first, it seemed like a decent microwave. I liked

the black and silver, which goes with my black, silver, and red kitchen. It had a sleek look and was a good size for our small kitchen. I got annoyed with the microwave door; it doesn’t have a push-button open feature. You have to pull the door open, which I don’t like.

The problems started only a week after I ...

• bought it. I was in the middle of warming up leftovers for lunch when the microwave suddenly died. I tried plugging it into another outlet, but it still wouldn’t run. Since it had only been a week, I returned it as an exchange for another one; I figured it was just defective.

Well, that was a terrible choice - only

five months after getting the second microwave, it quit on me, too! Supposedly it has a warranty, but when I called customer service, I learned that I would have to pay to ship it back to the manufacturer - AND there was another repair charge! What a complete waste of money. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16206719410430/k2311a062/6.2.09