Burt’s Bees Hand Salve 3 Ounce Tin  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I haven't really found a Burt's Bees product I dislike yet, but I really love the all purpose protective hand salve
  • If I'm not moving around much, or walking if I've put it on my toes, then I know I won't get it anywhere
  • Because Burt's Bees Hand Salve has sweet almond oil, olive oil, lavadin oil, rosemary oil and eucalyptus oil in its formulation you will definitely want to be careful what you touch after you put the hand salve on

• by Michigan_Mother

Burt’s Bees Hand Salve is a 3 ounce yellow tin that I keep by my bedside in a drawer. I haven’t really found a Burt’s Bees product I dislike yet, but I really love the all purpose protective hand salve. It keeps my cuticles soft; as I have a real problem with dry skin due to Sjogren’s Syndrome (my body doesn’t create enough moisture). I apply it pretty regularly as part of my bedtime routine. I rub it into the cuticle and around the nail, and occasionally on my hands as well.

It’s also good for my toenail cuticles. The yellow tin packaging states that the all purpose hand salve can be used anywhere the body needs extra moisturizing. However, I’ve only ever

used it on these areas of my skin.

The reason I keep it at my bedside instead of in my car or purse is that Burt’s Bees Hand Salve is kind of messy. The 3 ounce tin allows for many applications, and lasts a long time. However, the lid doesn’t really seal that great and tends to fall off the base. This would be problematic anywhere that wasn’t a flat surface. I’d never store it in a suitcase or take it along on travels without it being sealed inside a plastic baggie of some sort.

I also tend to use Burt’s Bees Hand Salve before bed because it’s greasy. It does add a lot of extra moisturizer, but it doesn’t seem to absorb particularly ...

• fast. My skin is very dry overall, so it’s not that I’ve already got hydrated skin. When I’ve had friends try it out they all have the same comment about wishing it absorbed a bit faster, because it’s messy. So, when I use it, I’m typically going to be going to be and lying down. If I’m not moving around much, or walking if I’ve put it on my toes, then I know I won’t get it anywhere.

I did make the mistake of putting my sheets over my feet one time and ended up with oil stains on the sheet. Because Burt’s Bees Hand Salve has sweet almond oil, olive oil, lavadin oil, rosemary oil and eucalyptus oil in its formulation you

will definitely want to be careful what you touch after you put the hand salve on. It does rub off because it takes a while to dry. However, I used a grease remover and the stain did come out of my sheets without having to do more than spray the remover on. Still, I’d rather prevent an accidental stain.

Despite the fact that Burt’s Bees Hand Salve dries slowly and comes in a loose lidded tin, I still keep it on hand. The product definitely could use some packaging improvement, but one tin will last me an entire summer season and helps prevent my cuticles from cracking which can be really painful. It also smells good and is 98.05% natural, which makes me happy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31206718980330/k2311a062/6.2.09