O.B. Pro Comfort Silk Touch Super Absorbency Tampons  » Health  »
1.0
  • However, I don't get the best absorbency so have to actually go with the Ultra instead of the Super tampons at times
  • Tampons do end up in my shopping bag when I can't find the old standard cotton ones, I still would never consider placing that shopping bag up my private parts to absorb my menstrual cycle

• by Michigan_Mother

My first exposure to O.B. Tampons was as a teenager. However, as an older adult I’ve become a freebie hunter and I received the new O.B. Comfort Silk Touch Absorbency Tampons in the mail. I’ve bought them since but I completely prefer the older version that was all cotton.

The new Silk Touch tampons are supposed to offer me “ultimate comfort and protection”. I find it’s just the opposite. What makes these O.B. tampons have a silk touch is the addition of rayon, polypropylene and polyethylene. Rayon is made from pulps and is super absorbent. However, I find that the polypropylene cover (which is

kind of light a mesh net) over the top of the tampon actually stops it from absorbing monthly flow as well as the previous cotton ones do.

I actually look to the far back of the shelves when I’m shopping for O.B. tampons monthly. It’s a hunt and peck method to find dusty old boxes of the older variety of tampon. I never had any issues with leakage. However, with the Silk Touch Super Absorbency tampons I’ve found that leakage tends to be the status quo.

The O.B. Pro Comfort Silk Touch tampons still go in the same way. I like that. There is no ...

• cardboard or excess plastic to deal with, dispose of, and fill the landfills with. However, I don’t get the best absorbency so have to actually go with the Ultra instead of the Super tampons at times. My own personal flow hasn’t changed in intensity. However the amount of absorption of the product has changed with the addition of the rayon, polypropylene and polyethylene. Not to mention if I’m going to be shoving something inside me, I would rather the product is as natural as possible rather than something manipulated and processed by mankind.

Polypropylene is a thermoplastic polymer. It’s also used in ropes, carpeting

and a wide variety of chemical processes. Rayon is cellulosic fiber. In other words, plant material that is very dense and absorbent. Polyethylene is most well known for its use in the plastic grocery bags you get at the checkout (if you aren’t brown bagging or using a recyclable tote). While the O.B. Tampons do end up in my shopping bag when I can’t find the old standard cotton ones, I still would never consider placing that shopping bag up my private parts to absorb my menstrual cycle. It just wouldn’t work, and neither do the new Silk Touch O.B. Pro Comfort Tampons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34206718950330/k2311a062/6.2.09