Zipcar dot com in New York City  » Web sites  »
1265 Broadway New York NY 10001
  • I have been a Zipcar member for a little over a year now and I think it is a great club to be a part of in New York City
  • I know Zipcar exists in other cities across the country but I have only used in New York City
  • I like that there are many locations thoughout Manhattan so I can choose the location nearest to where it is most convenient for me to drop the car off when I'm done
  • My first renting experience was great and then I had a minor disaster the second time but learned a valuable lesson

• by Siouxmix

I have been a Zipcar member for a little over a year now and I think it is a great club to be a part of in New York City. I know Zipcar exists in other cities across the country but I have only used in New York City.

They have a nice selection of cars. I have rented almost every type of vehicle you can rent from Zip car. From a BMW 328, Mini cooper convertible to a Honda CR-V. I like that there are many locations thoughout Manhattan so I can choose

the location nearest to where it is most convenient for me to drop the car off when I’m done.

I do wish that you could drop the cars off at a different location from where you pick it up but I guess that would get really complicated for Zipcar to keep track of.

I was hesitant at first to become a Zipcar member because it sounded too goo to be true. My first renting experience was great and then I had a minor disaster the second time but learned a valuable lesson. Whenever we ...

• need a car for a major holiday you should book a car way way in advance because they sell out. Some people book cars for holidays almost a year in advance!

I also found that by renting a car in New Jersey saved me the hassle of dealing with the traffic at the bridges and tunnels around weekends and major holidays.

The Zipcar customer service has been helpful every time I have had to call them. Like when I reported that the car smelled like a cat one time or when I called to

alert them that something was left in the car. They also have an “easy to get to” office in midtown Manhattan which is where I picked up my actual card.

I like that you can rent a car for a couple hours or a whole day if you need to. It has come in very handy and is much cheaper than getting taxis all over the city when I need to run errands. I wish the prices weren’t more expensive on the weekends. I think Zipcar should keep the prices the same all the time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20206718840330/k2311a062/6.2.09