Pure Spa in Sunnyside, Queens NY  » Other  »
40-15 Queens Blvd Sunnyside Queens, New York
  • I think the number one thing about this spa that is so delightful is the atmosphere
  • I like to stay after since I'm usually getting a facial and my face tends to be red afterwards
  • I would recommend this spa to spa veterans and newbies alike

• by Siouxmix

Pure Spa is in Sunnyside Queens right on the other side of Northern Boulevard from Astoria. It’s makes for a comfortable bike ride on nice days. Be careful though because it is easy to overlook this adorable little spa. Once you go through the front doors however you will never for get it.

I think the number one thing about this spa that is so delightful is the atmosphere. As soon as you walk through the door the women at the font desk are warm and inviting. There is a great sense of relaxation too. After checking in you head for the locker rooms. The locker rooms aren’t that much different

from other spas I have been too, except for Las Vegas (maybe). There are showers, lockers, robes, brushes, shower products, hair dryers, etc…The lockers aren’t super big so I wouldn’t bring an over sized purse if I were you.

After you leave the locker room they have a room to relax in before your treatment begins and they encourage you to stay in the same relaxing room after your treatment too. I like to stay after since I’m usually getting a facial and my face tends to be red afterwards. There is a big L shaped couch, pillows, candles, light soothing music, snacks, teas, fresh fruit and bottled water. I like ...

• the oatmeal bars and teas. Like I said before, this is a great place to ride your bike to if you live in Queens because you can get a snack and relax as soon as you get there.

I received my last facial from Claire. She was very good and did a bunch of extractions on my face. She didn’t hurt me one bit and I have very sensitive skin. She even advised me on different thing I could do to improve my complexion without just trying to sell me a bunch of stuff they sell at the spa. It was nice, I felt like she was actually helping me

instead of trying to be a salesperson like most people at spas tend to be. I have never bought any products at Pure Spa but other people have told me they are good.

They have massages and other treatments besides facials but I haven’t gotten any of them yet. I also know that they provide treatments for men. Overall the atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff is super nice. I would recommend this spa to spa veterans and newbies alike. The prices are pretty average with a facial starting at $90. I do wish they were a little bit cheaper, but then again I wish everything was a little bit cheaper.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12206718740330/k2311a062/6.2.09