Natural Museum of History NYC  » Entertainment  »
Central Park West at 79th Street Manhattan New York City
  • I think this museum is a great place to take children to learn about many, many things
  • The Natural Museum of History is an inexpensive and educational experience for children and adults alike
  • The big stone walls of the museum and the air conditioning is wonderfully delicious in the summer

• by Siouxmix

My mom used to take me to the Natural Museum of History in Central Park when I was a kid and I plan on taking my daughter when she gets old enough to walk and talk. The museum has a great policy where you can pay whatever you want for general admission. There is a suggested price of $8 for adults but you can pay a quarter if you feel like it.

The next best part about the museum is that it houses a wonderful collection of stuffed animals in

life size replica display cases in the first room you walk into. I remember loving it when I was a kid. The other part of the museum I loved was the Ocean room. There is a life size blue whale hanging from the ceiling and small windows all around it with scenes from the ocean and arctic poles.

There is another room that replicates the rainforest with sounds and trees with stuffed animals hidden within. I think this museum is a great place to take children to learn about ...

• many, many things. From prehistoric dinosaurs to different races from around the world.

The Natural Museum of History is an inexpensive and educational experience for children and adults alike. I have never eaten from the cafe in the museum because I always bring my own food. Since it’s almost free you can leave the museum and enjoy a picnic lunch in Central Park which is right across the street from the front of the museum or you can sit on one of the many stone benches right in front of

the museum. It is also a great place to escape the hot New York summer sun. The big stone walls of the museum and the air conditioning is wonderfully delicious in the summer. Plus, you can save on your air bill at home by spending a day at the museum.

If you have money to spend the IMAX movies are fun too. I have only seen one and it was a fun experience. I also like that the subway is right on the corner of the museum street too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59206718690330/k2311a062/6.2.09